Hashemite kingdom of jordan Alexander, 27, is 1 of Hollywood's rising actresses. Every bit Julien Calloway in HBO Max's Gossip Girl reboot, Alexander will rule the front steps of Constance Billard prep school. Only the Toronto-native is more merely an actress: She is an established singer, songwriter, actress, activist, and ascent way icon.

From starting acting at the age of 12 to opening upwardly for Kehlani for 2018, here is everything we know about Alexander and her career.

She is the new Queen B in the upcoming Gossip Girl reboot.

On August 24, 2020, Deadline announced that Alexander would join the HBO Max series Gossip Girl. In an interview with Refinery 29, Alexander recalled the moment she got the office. "In the car with my best friends. I was in the backseat. I was overwhelmed and and then quietly said, 'I got Gossip Girl.' And they were like, 'What?!' I couldn't believe it," she said. "I almost didn't desire to jinx it or scare it away or wake up from the dream. When heady stuff happens to me, I tend not to be the screaming blazon, and I'thousand more than like [covers hands over her mouth]. Definitely 1 of those moments for me."

Per Nylon, Alexander will play the role of Julian Calloway, a social media influencer, whose father is a famous star. She welcomes new girl Zoya Lott (Whitney Acme) into her friend group...simply Zoya and Julian are no strangers and take deep history.

She has a girlfriend.

Alexander is dating Shane Homan, a model and activist. In a May 2021 joint interview with Dauphine Mag, Homan revealed that the two met on Tinder in 2018. Alexander shared photos from the magazine shoot of the ii sharing a osculation with Homan's back turned from the photographic camera.

Alexander uses her platform to support the LGBTQA+ community. In her interview, she opened up about how she feels being an openly queer actress. "I experience empowered knowing I'm lucky enough to exist able to live my accurate truth and cocky. I feel like once I really got right with myself, everything is easier."

Alexander's sister helped her find dearest for acting again after she quit in 2018.

In her Apr 2021 interview with W Magazine, Alexander revealed that when she shaved her head, it symbolized a new get-go away from acting.

But her sister brought her dorsum to the art: "I was working every bit a maid and waiting for the double-decker," Alexander said. "My sis finally bankrupt me down and was like, if yous do acting, you maybe don't take to practice this anymore."

Alexander's sister sent her headshot to acting agencies throughout Toronto, which landed Alexander a role on the Facebook Watch series Sacred Lies. On set, Alexander met future Gossip Girl castmate Emily Alyn Lind, who would influence her to audition for a part on the reboot. "It simply seemed so far out of reach. I was trying to invite something neat into my world for myself, but I just never thought it would be this," Alexander said.

She is a singer and songwriter.

Shortly later on quitting acting, Alexander began to take her music career more serious. Inspired by folk music, Alexander focused on playing the guitar and song-writing. Alexander debuted her starting time anthology, The Lonely Hearts Club, in 2016. Ii years later on, Alexander opened for Kehlani at the Toronto Pride concert in 2018. Alexander besides opened for Canadian singer Carly Rae Jepsen and toured with Bif Naked. Last summer, Alexander released her single "You."

This content is imported from youTube. You may exist able to notice the same content in another format, or yous may be able to find more information, at their web site.

She is #TeamBlair.

Alexander discussed whether she was #teamserena or #teamblair ahead of Gossip Girl'due south reboot debuting. She's a Blair Waldorf fan: "I honey Blair. There's just something so certain almost being and then evil. With nice people, you never know why they're dainty, and it might not exist a pure intention. But if someone's being mean to you, you know exactly where you stand," she told Refinery29.

Alexander's get-go shell was Beyoncé.

In a game of "Hard or Soft" for Xtra Mag's YouTube, Alexander revealed her showtime crush was Queen B, Beyoncé. When asked who her first queer vanquish was, Alexander replied, "I think it was Beyoncé. I only didn't call up I knew it. I had this massive poster of her that was right in forepart of my bed. And I was also like weirdly upset when I found out she was married to Jay-Z."

Alexander has modeled and is the face of Holt Renfrew 2021 jump campaign.

In 2021, Alexander was named the star of Holt Renfrew's 2021 spring campaign. In a video for the brand, Alexander showed off her singing talents equally she performed "Lovers in a Dangerous Time," which was created in collaboration with Haviah Mighty.

This content is imported from youTube. You may be able to notice the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their spider web site.

In an interview, Alexander spoke near how much working with Holt Renfrew meant to her and her family unit. "It was really heady. My grandma is so into fashion, and she used to take me into Holts and teach me picayune fashion dos and don'ts, and we'd get window shopping, so I have really addicted memories of that. My grandma is very, very excited nigh the campaign," she told Refinery29.

Gossip Girl is set to premiere on July viii on HBO and HBO Max. The testify will also premiere on The CW on July 9th at 8 p.yard. EST / PT .

Headshot of Starr Savoy

Starr Savoy is a fellow at ELLE.com, where she writes about glory, culture, beauty, and fashion. When she is not working, you will find her pumping iron at the gym, watching Netflix'south latest phenomenon, and indulging in retail therapy.